Answers to frequently asked questions by creators on Twitter.
We know that creators drive conversation, shape culture, and are some of Twitter's most engaging voices, and we’re so glad that you’re here. Whether you’re just getting started on Twitter or you’re a seasoned expert with specific questions, this guide will help you navigate your journey as a creator on Twitter.
Subscribe to our new Creators @Twitter Newsletter
Check back as we continue to update this central hub with new content advice for creators!
Getting started on Twitter
Learn the rules:
- Familiarize yourself with the Twitter Rules and policies. These are the requirements that apply to everyone on Twitter. If you have any questions, reach out to your partner manager with any questions.
- Make sure you understand Twitter’s copyright policy and how Twitter responds to copyright complaints under the policy.
Understand your safety and support resources:
- Learn about Twitter’s safety tools that let you control what you see and who you interact with.
- Understand what type of account support is available to you and what you should do if you find yourself in need of help. The Help Center includes information on what to do if you’ve lost access, your account was hacked, you’re being impersonated, or you’ve been suspended — the TL;DR is start by filing a ticket. You can also file a ticket for more sensitive issues, like leaked personal information or harassment.
Customize your timeline:
- Use Lists to organize the people you follow and customize your Home timeline.
- Follow your favorite Topics to get exposed to content from new people around the things you care about, without having to seek out and follow expert individuals in those areas.
And lastly, get the answer to one of our most common questions: What’s the deal with verification?
Twitter for creators
Resources for all creators:
- New around here? Read up on the Twitter Basics for publishers to learn how to post media, how to create threads, and more.
- Take it to the next level with our Twitter pro tips for creators.
- If you’re a video creator or photographer, make sure you brush up on how to use Media Studio. Media Studio is an easy-to-use platform for managing, measuring, and monetizing your media-rich content on Twitter.
- Learn our best practices for creating amazing Twitter Moments to tell cohesive, compelling stories.
- Learn how to measure your impact on the platform and ground your content strategy in data with Twitter Analytics.
Optimize for your skill set
Are you a podcaster?
Make sure you read up on our various resources for podcasters, including how to best make your podcast standout on the timeline.
Is video your bread and butter?
Take a look at our Twitter video best practices for creators.
Live to go live?
We have tips for going live on Twitter and more info on how to launch professionally produced live broadcasts with Producer in Media Studio.
VIT App for creators
- Twitter’s exclusive app designed for Very Important Tweeters is available to you as a creator. Reach out to your partner manager to request access, and then bring yourself up to speed with our VIT App Guide.
- Once you’re in, take a peek at our Q&A Best Practices to generate the most engaging conversations with your audience.
Making money on Twitter
- Are you a video creator looking to monetize on Twitter? Learn about our Amplify Pre-roll Program.
- Not all video is eligible for monetization within Amplify Pre-roll. Make sure you learn and follow our Brand Safety Content Guidelines to avoid getting your videos demonetized. We host regular Brand Safety Webinars — reach out to your Twitter partner manager to get more information on how to attend.
Have a specific question about something not listed above? Reach out to your partner manager.